Once again, Ms. C’s real-life persona is swamped with work, away from computer for hours at a time and not keeping up as much as I’d like. On top of everything else, I’m also working on a novel and I’m behind on that schedule (I should be twice as far along as I am).
So, I can’t promise this week’s contest will be brilliant. On the other hand, it may get you thinking a bit, trying to figure out a little about my other interests. I read a lot, and tonight I was thinking about what book to read next. That gave me the inspiration for the question: What was the last book I finished reading?
I will give you 10 choices. These are all from my own bookshelves; some I’ve read, some I’m partially through, others I haven’t started yet):
1. A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
2. Crazy Cock by Henry Miller
3. The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
4. Personal History by Katherine Graham
5. Erotic Bondage Handbook by Jay Wiseman
6. The Pact by Jodi Picoult
7. I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb
8. Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
9. Story of O by Pauline Reage
10. The Shipping News by Annie Proulx
Hoppy’s already won two of my contests, do you think I should put him in time-out this week? As far as the rest of you lurkers, I think it’s time for you to come out from hiding and give it a shot. Nothing to lose!
And while you’re entering the contest, feel free to tell me what YOU’VE been reading! I am always curious about others’ choices of reading material.
Contest was posted late, so you’ll have till 11:59 p.m. next Sunday, Nov. 22.